Spring into festival season and honor Cinco de Mayo in style at A La Carte & Art, May 4-5 in downtown Mountain View! The Bay Area’s popular outdoor festival season officially kicks-off at this vibrant celebration of the arts in Silicon Valley’s epicenter with two sun-splashed days of stellar live music on the Facebook Music Stage and throughout downtown, a juried arts and crafts show with 200 of the west coast’s top artists showing their latest handcrafted wares, fabulous food and drink with premium fine wine, world-class craft beer and refreshing low-carb hard seltzer, artisan specialty food makers, health and wellness displays, an organic and green products showcase, home and garden exhibits, A La Car & Art – the big classic car show sponsored by Hot San Jose Nights, the uniquely groovy What’s Up Photo Booth, Cornhole Tossing Corner, Stay Cool Misting Tent, U.S. Open Trophy Tour Photo Booth Presented by Lexus, T-Mobile Showroom and Recharging Station plus a super thrilling bungee jump, rock climbing wall, wild and wacky waterballs, caricature art, sand art creative cards, face painting, body art, glitter tattoos, kids clothing and toys, and a host of captivating kids’ amusements in the Super Duper Funzone, awesome sponsor swag giveaways and free samples of White Claw Hard Seltzer and Cascadian Farm Protein Bars. Admission is free. Presented by the Mountain View Central Business Association.
- Stellar Live Music and Entertainment Everywhere ... get ready for two lively, fun-filled days of world-class entertainment on the Facebook Music Stage and throughout downtown. Enjoy a smashing array of big name bands playing classic rock ‘n roll, rhythm and blues, contemporary country, folksy Americana, jazz, dance and party music on stage and street throughout downtown. The entertainment lineup includes sensational non-stop live music performed by Livewire, The Hitmen, Knee Deep, The Country Cougars, Groovy Judy, Blue House, Bob Culbertson, Ancient Winds, Mike Fair, and Emerson & The Growiser Band.
- Contemporary Fine Art, Cool Crafts ... 200 professional artists and craftspeople show their latest handcrafted work in ceramics, fiber, glass, fine art, jewelry, leather, metal, paper, sculpture, and wood. Vases, clocks, dishes, wall and table decorations, stained glass, etchings, sculptures, photography, paintings, beadwork, jewelry, vests, handbags, hats, wallets, footwear, windchimes, and waterfalls will be among the fine wares available.
- Fabulous Festive Food ... Festival eateries will be dishing up a fabulous array of tasty fare –– handmade tamales filled with a choice of chicken, beef, pork, ancho chiles and cheese, veggies, sweet corn, farm-fresh chicken — wings and boneless “chicky bites”— comes with a choice of 22 sauces, such as sweet wasabi, lemon pepper, honey walnut and ginger-sesame, pita filled with grilled chicken, lamb or falafel, crispy lettuce, juicy tomatoes and tzatziki; fresh roasted corn-on-the cob, baked potatoes; cheese, spinach, mushroom, ham, bacon and fresh fruit made-to-order crepes; skewers of teriyaki chicken with rice or noodles; tri-tip sandwiches, giant turkey legs, jumbo hot dogs, Portobello mushroom sandwiches, crispy artichokes and zucchini; tender calamari or crab fries, corndogs, garlic fries; chicken and pork kebabs with jasmine rice; fish and chips, calamari, shrimp, oysters, fried chicken, and funnel cakes; fresh gaspacho-inspired mango and strawberry-on-a-stick sprinkled with chili powder, lime juice and salt; Kona shave ice in 12 flavors, savory soft serve ice cream, root beer floats and freshly-popped kettlecorn Complementing the food will be premium wines and refreshing craft beer.
- Deelish Drink … enjoy premium fine wine, fabulous craft beer, and low-carb hard seltzer. Beer lovers will be in hops heaven with the assortment of world-class brews – Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Firestone 805, Ballast Point Longfin Lager and Fathom IPA plus festivalgoers can enjoy refreshing, low-carb, gluten-free White Claw Hard Seltzer. Cool off, replenish and hydrate with a bottle of PathWater, 100% responsibly and locally sourced water in an aluminum reusable bottle. Sip your favorite beverage in a beautiful, collector-item wine or beer glass adorned with the stylish festival logo.
- Artisan Specialty Food ... festivalgoers can sample and purchase artisan-produced edibles using the finest ingredients –– small batches of all natural, hand-made fruit preserves, handmade almond toffee, olive oil, barrel-aged vinegars, salad dressings, mustard blends, curds and scone mixes, marinades and finishing sauces, exotic jams and jellies, flavored and raw almonds, pistachios, cashews, pecans, walnuts, dried peaches, pears and apricots, hand crafted soft drinks, soda syrups, shrubs and cocktail mixers, chocolate bars, cupcakes, snacks made with popped grains and seeds and rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, homemade pies and pound cakes, gourmet toffees, brittles, caramels, apples, giant marshmallows, cookies, fudge, and the world’s best chocolate dipped caramel apples, California-grown gourmet pomegranate products and more.
- Classic Car Show ... car buffs will love A La Car & Art, the festival’s big classic car show sponsored by Hot San Jose Nights featuring the world’s coolest hot rods, macho muscle cars, sleek sports cars and tricked-out low riders.
- Super Duper Kidz Funzone ... an ultra thrilling bungee jump, wild and wacky waterballerz, a 24’ rock climbing wall, caricature art, sand art creative cards, super cool face painting, body art, glitter tattoos, kids clothing and toys.
- U.S. Open Trophy Tour Presented by Lexus … yes, you really can take your picture with the U.S. Open Trophy and enter the Road to Pebble Beach Sweepstakes for a chance to win Lexus Hospitality Suite Tickets to the 119th U.S. Open Championship at Pebble Beach Golf Links, June 10-16, 2019! Plus, test your stroke on the mini putting green, take home a customized key chain and check out the 2019 Lexus LX, Crafted to Command!
- T-Mobile Showroom and Recharging Station … a fully wrapped interactive T-Mobile experience on wheels complete with a mobile store, brand ambassadors to engage with festivalgoers, a free recharging station and great giveaways!
- What’s Up Photo Booth … Inventor/mad scientists and husband/wife team Paul and Debbie Supp spent countless hours of design and collaboration with world-class engineers to bring you the ultimate photo booth experience. “Dolores” is a work of art on wheels; she is a fully automated mobile photo booth that allows you the unique opportunity to take a step back in time while enjoying technological advances of today. Complete with a fully functional smoke stack and custom designed interior, Dolores takes professional quality photos that are printed instantly for you to hold as keepsake for years to come. Digital photos are also available.
- Viva Plastic! Pay for drink tickets and glasses using any major credit card at the Ticket/Glass booths at California/Castro and Villa/Castro!
- Public Transit: Ride Caltrain, VTA Light Rail or Bus service to the festival – you’re dropped off at the festival doorstep!