Spring into festival season in style at A La Carte & Art, May 5-6 in downtown Mountain View! The Bay Area’s popular outdoor festival season officially kicks-off at this big 22nd annual celebration of the arts in Silicon Valley’s epicenter with two sun-splashed days of stellar live music on stage and street throughout downtown, a juried arts and crafts show with 200 of the west coast’s top artists showing their latest handcrafted wares, fabulous food and drink with premium fine wine, refreshing craft beer, a farmers’ market with fresh seasonal produce, artisan specialty food purveyors, health and wellness displays, an organic and green products showcase, home and garden exhibits, A La Car & Art – the big classic car show sponsored by Hot San Jose Nights, plus a super thrilling bungee jump, climbing wall, wild and wacky waterballs, face painting, glitter tattoos and a host of captivating kids’ amusements in the Super Duper Funzone. Admission is free. Presented by the Mountain View Central Business Association.
- Live Music ... a smashing array of big name bands play an eclectic mix of classic rock ‘n roll, rhythm and blues, jazz, dance and party music on stage and street throughout downtown. The lineup for 2018 is yet to be announced. Follow us on Facebook to be the first to hear..
- Contemporary Fine Art, Cool Crafts ... 200 professional artists and craftspeople show their latest handcrafted work in ceramics, fiber, glass, fine art, jewelry, leather, metal, paper, sculpture, and wood. Vases, clocks, dishes, wall and table decorations, stained glass, etchings, sculptures, photography, paintings, beadwork, jewelry, vests, handbags, hats, wallets, footwear, windchimes, and waterfalls will be among the fine wares available.
- Festive Food & Drink ... Festival eateries will be dishing up a fabulous array of tasty fare –– pita filled with grilled chicken, lamb or falafel, crispy lettuce, juicy tomatoes and tzatziki; fresh roasted corn-on-the cob, baked potatoes; cheese, spinach, mushroom, ham, bacon and fresh fruit made-to-order crepes; skewers of teriyaki chicken with rice or noodles; tri-tip sandwiches, giant turkey legs, jumbo hot dogs, Portobello mushroom sandwiches, crispy artichokes and zucchini; tender calamari or crab fries, corndogs, garlic fries; chicken and pork kebabs with jasmine rice; fresh gazpacho-inspired mango and strawberry-on-a-stick sprinkled with chili powder, lime juice and salt; Kona shave ice in 12 flavors and freshly-popped kettlecorn. Complementing the food will be premium wines and refreshing craft beer.
- Artisan Specialty Food ... festivalgoers can sample and purchase artisan-produced edibles using the finest ingredients –– olive oil, barrel-aged vinegars, salad dressings, mustard blends, curds and scone mixes, marinades and finishing sauces, exotic jams and jellies, raw, unfiltered 100% Grade A pure honey made by their own well-loved bees, flavored and raw almonds, pistachios, cashews, pecans, walnuts, dried peaches, pears and apricots, organic fair trade chocolate bars and handmade granola and more.
- Classic Car Show ... car buffs will love A La Car & Art, the festival’s big classic car show sponsored by Hot San Jose Nights featuring the world’s coolest hot rods, macho muscle cars, sleek sports cars and tricked-out low riders.
- Farmers' Market ... farm-fresh strawberries, apricots, cherries, organic produce, honey, almonds, pistachios, walnuts from the Mountain View Certified Farmers’ Market.
- Super Duper Kidz Funzone ... an ultra thrilling bungee jump, wild and wacky waterballerz, a 24’ rock climbing wall, caricature art, super cool face painting, henna art and glitter tattoos.