Spring into festival season in style at A La Carte & Art, May 6-7 in downtown Mountain View! The Bay Area’s popular outdoor festival season officially kicks-off at this celebration of the arts in Silicon Valley’s epicenter with two sun-splashed days of stellar live music on stage and street throughout downtown featuring headliners The Megatones, Phil ‘n The Blanks and Old School Rock & Roll, a juried arts and crafts show with 200 of the west coast’s top artists showing their latest handcrafted wares, fabulous food and drink with fine wine, craft beer, a farmers’ market with fresh seasonal produce, artisan specialty food purveyors, health and wellness displays, an organic and green products showcase, home and garden exhibits, A La Car & Art – the big classic car show sponsored by Hot San Jose Nights, plus a super thrilling bungee jump and a host of captivating kids’ amusements in the Super Duper Funzone. Admission is free. Presented by the Mountain View Central Business Association.
- Live Music ... a smashing array of big name bands play an eclectic mix of classic rock ‘n roll, rhythm and blues, jazz, dance and party music on stage and street throughout downtown. The lineup includes sensational live music performed by The Megatones, Phil ‘n The Blanks, Old School Rock & Roll, Rodeo House featuring Torree McGee, California Groove, The Blackouts, Bob Culbertson, John Clarke, Ancient Winds, Mike Fair, and Emerson & The Growiser Band.
- Contemporary Fine Art, Cool Crafts ... 200 professional artists and craftspeople show their latest handcrafted work in ceramics, fiber, glass, fine art, jewelry, leather, metal, paper, sculpture, and wood. Vases, clocks, dishes, wall and table decorations, stained glass, etchings, sculptures, photography, paintings, beadwork, jewelry, vests, handbags, hats, wallets, footwear, windchimes, and waterfalls will be among the fine wares available.
- Festive Food & Drink ... picanha steak skewers with classic chimichurri sauce; grilled corn-on-the cob; baked potatoes; spicy linguiça, crispy chicken and pork kebabs; cheese, spinach, mushrooms, ham, bacon and fresh fruit made-to-order crepes; jumbo hot dogs, foot-long corn dogs, beef, salmon and veggie burgers; zesty garlic fries; succulent skewers of teriyaki chicken; chicken and lamb pita sandwiches; falafels with homemade tahini sauce, lettuce and tomato; tamales, quesadillas, tacos and burritos; fresh gazpacho-inspired mango and strawberry-on-a-stick sprinkled with chili powder, lime juice and salt, Funnel cake with whipped cream and berries; Kona shave-ice in 12 flavors; Cookies & Cream, Banana Split to Rainbow Ice and Thai Ice Tea flavored Cool Beads ice cream; freshly-popped kettlecorn. Plus premium wine and refreshing craft beer.
- Artisan Specialty Food ... festivalgoers can sample and purchase artisan-produced edibles using the finest ingredients –– olive oil, barrel-aged vinegars, salad dressings, mustard blends, dips, soups, dry rubs, pure spices, spice blends, salts, peppers, teas, sugars, dried fruits and nuts, preserves, marinades, honey products, fruit spreads, syrups, peppers, spices, freshy-baked pies, cakes, cupcakes and desserts, handmade toffee, flavored and raw almonds, pistachios, cashews, pecans, walnuts, dried peaches, pears and apricots and more.
- Classic Car Show ... car buffs will love A La Car & Art, the festival’s big classic car show sponsored by Hot San Jose Nights featuring the world’s coolest hot rods, macho muscle cars, sleek sports cars and tricked-out low riders.
- Farmers' Market ... farm-fresh strawberries, apricots, cherries, organic produce, honey, almonds, pistachios, walnuts from the Mountain View Certified Farmers’ Market.
- Super Duper Kidz Funzone ... an ultra thrilling bungee jump, “Human Hamster Balls”, wild and wacky waterballerz, hula hooping, a 24’ rock climbing wall, dancing party animal puppets, caricature art, exotic French hair braiding, hands-on leather crafts, super cool face painting and temporary tattoos.